Respiratory infections—usually bacterial or viral—irritate the airways and are a common cause of coughing. Allergies can irritate the airways as well. KOFOL is a versatile combination of medicinal plants, which have anti-inflammatory properties to ease the irritation of the respiratory tract. Haridra (Curcuma longa) and Shunthi (Zingiber officinale) are antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) is known to have antitussive action and suppresses the cough reflex. Yastimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) and Vasa (Adhatoda vasica) are expectorants (sometimes called mucolytics) to help loosen mucus by making bronchial secretions thinner and easier to expel. Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) has immune-modulatory properties to support the respiratory system.
Conventional cough syrups may contain ingredients that may cause drowsiness – and this is the reason why some people prefer to use a cough syrup containing herbal or natural ingredients that are not associated with this concern. Therefore, KOFOL is the first choice in the therapy of cough of varied causes.
KOFOL SYRUP COMPOSITION
Every 5 ml (one teaspoonful approx.) contains
Name of Ingredient: Latin/ English Name Quantity
Vasa Adhatoda vasica 300 mg
Yashtimadhu Glycyrrhiza glabra 200 mg
Bibhitaki Terminalia belerica 15 mg
Tulsi Ocimum sanctum 100 mg
Haridra Curcuma longa 100 mg
Kantakari Solanum xanthocarpum 50 mg
Pippali Piper longum 50 mg
Navsagar Ammonium chloride 30 mg
Bharangi Clerodendron serratum 25 mg
Shunthi Zingiber Officinalis 25 mg
Maricha Piper nigrum 10 mg
Madhu Honey 500 mg
Flavoured Syrupy base Piper nigrum q.s
KOFOL is a versatile combination of medicinal plants, which have anti-inflammatory, (Haridra, Curcuma longa) mucolytic, expectorant, (Yashtimadhu, Glycyrrhiza glabra) anti-allergic and immunomodulatory properties. Therefore, KOFOL is the first choice in the therapy of cough. KOFOL syrup is for a productive cough and KOFOL chewable for non-productive cough.
1) Cough of allergic, infective, or asthmatic origin.
2) Cough associated with gastro-esophageal reflux.
3) Cough caused by industrial dust/occupations.
2 teaspoonfuls three times a day.
DO’S AND DONT’S
1) Gargling with lukewarm saline water is recommended.
2) Inhalation of steam with camphor and mint is advised.
3) Deep inhalation and exhalation at least two times a day.
4) Consumption of wheat, barley, and garlic is recommended
1) Avoid exposure to cold wind and rain.
2) Avoid cold-water, refrigerated food products, and ice-cream.
3) Avoid smoking and exposure to chemicals industrials fumes pollen and dust.
4) Avoid tobacco chewing, oily, and spicy food.
5) Avoid curd and buttermilk.
6) Avoid banana, guava, and sour fruits.