Saraswatarishtam is a polyherbal fermented liquid preparation manufactured as per Ayurvedic reference. As in the case of all arishta preparations ( fermented medicine with self generated alcohol), Saraswatarishtam contains 8- 12 % of self generated alcohol. This alcohol and water acts as a medium to carry the herbal contents of the preparation to the different sites in the body. Gold is one of the content of this preparation and has attracted the alchemist from far and wide.
Reference of Saraswatarishta
Ingredients of Saraswatarishta
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) 960 g
- Shatavari – Asparagus racemosus 240 g
- Vidari (Ipomoea paniculata) 240 g
- Abhaya – Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) 240 g
- Usheera (Vetiveria zizanioides)240 g
- Shunti – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis 240 g
- Mishi –Foeniculum vulgare 240 g
- Water for Decoction – 12.5 liters,Boiled and reduced to – 3.125 liters
- Makshika – Honey 480 ml
- Sita – Sugar candy – 1.2 kg
- Dhataki – Woodfordia fruticosa 240 g
- Renuka – Vitex Negundo 12 g
- Kana Piper longum – F 12 g
- Trivrit – Operculina turpethum 12 g
- Devapushpa Syzigium aromaticum 12 g
- Vacha – Acorus calamus 12 g
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa 12 g
- Vajigandha – Withania somnifera 12 g
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellerica 12 g
- Amrita- Tinospora cordifolia 12 g
- Ela – Elettaria cardamomum 12 g
- Vidanga – Embelia ribes 12 g
- Twak – Cinnamomum zeylanicum 12 g
- Gold leaf – 12 g
Process of preparation of Saraswatarishta
The first seven herbs are boiled with water, and reduced to a quarter part to prepare decoction and it is filtered.The filtered decoction is added with the rest of the ingredients. The final solution is poured in to a golden vessel or wooden vessel or mud vessel. It is added with a thin gold leaf of 12 grams.The vessel is sealed and kept in low temperature ( mostly under the earth) for 45 days to complete the fermentation and after confirming the complete disintegration of gold foils, the contents are again filtered and ready to use.
Dosage of Saraswatarishta
10- 30ml depending on the age. It is advised taken along with organic cow milk for better results.
Duration: 30 day or as advised by the physician
Indications of Saraswatarishta
- Memory loss
The most common use of Saraswatharishtam is to improve the functions of brain. The liquid is good for all ages for treating neurologic disorders. Traditional healers suggests these formulations for students to improve the studies. The indications (Phala sruthi) of Saraswatharishta are follows. It improves –Ayus – life expectancy,Veerya – potency, sexual capacitySmruti – memoryMedha – intelligenceBala – immunity, strengthKanti – skin complexion and shineVak vishuddhikara – it improves renderingHrudya – cardio protectiveRasayanavara – best for rejeuvenation.Balakan Naranari-Useful for all ages and both sex.Param Ojaskara – The ultimate solution for subtle energy.Swaram shudhi- Relieves voice hoarseness, speech problemsimproves voice,Rajodosha hara – Corrects all femlae hormone disordersShukradoshahara – Corrects all male reproductive disorders.Sarvadoshahara – balances all the three Doshas.Athyadwan geethadhi- Good for singers and writers.Chitta sandosham -Corrects the mental balance.
Saraswatarishta side effects:
In prescribed dosage, it is not having any side effects.
Safe for kids?
It is safe to use this medicine in lower dose, in children above 1 years of age.
Pregnancy and lactation –During the first two trimesters of pregnancy it is best avoided.It can be taken during lactation period, under doctor’s advice, for a short period of time.
Expiry date of Saraswatarishta
As per the D & C act, the expiry of all arishtas is three years.
Storage: Store in a cool place in tightly closed amber coloured bottle, protect from light and moisture.
Manufacturer: Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal