Manasamitravatakam Tablet This is a unique classical herbal preparation indicated for stress and insomnia. It is also effective to improve memory.
Benefits, Ingredients, Indications, Dosage, Side-effects, Brands, Research papers, FAQs of Manasamitravatakam Tablet
This is a unique classical herbal preparation indicated for stress and insomnia. It is also effective to improve memory.
It is a brain and nerve tonic and rejuvenator. It improves all mental faculties.
Improves academic performance
Useful for Mentally Handicapped
In Professional & Youngsters
A stress buster
Reduces mental fatigue
Good nervine tonic
Imparts good sleep
Checks degenerative changes
In Psychosomatic Disorders
Stress Reduced Hyperacidity
Stress Reduced Hypertension
The great scholar and founder of AryaVaidyasala Kottakkal, Vaidyaratnam Shri. P. S. Varier comments on the efficacy of this product in his book Chikitsasangraham- this is very efficacious in lunacy and other ailments; alcoholism, toxicity and helps to improve mental faculties and in overcoming fits, convulsions and epilepsy. Sages say those taking this daily will be immune to snakebites, lightning, cholera, small pox, and contagious diseases. In addition, anyone taking this daily will develop a happy trend of mind, poetic taste, mastery of expression and other qualities. This may be taken twice daily on empty stomach in warm cow’s milk or Brahmi ghritham, Mahakalyanaka ghritham, Saraswatha ghritham or other vehicles prescribed for mental ailments.
An indication of Manasamitra Vatakam Tablet in the classical reference Sahasrayoga.
Manodoshahara: pranja medham cha prathibhamapi ||
SahasraYoga Gutika Prakarana/ 40
Dosage: As directed by Physician.
Diet: Vegetarian with low spices.
The drug is having the effect of pacifying manodosha and it can act on the brain to augment prajna, medha, and pratibha. Most of the ingredients of the drug have medhya property (brain booster), vrishya property (sex stimulant)and a meager number of ingredients that have sukra sthambana ( delaying ejaculation) property.
Ingredients of Manasamitra Vatakam
|Sanskrit Name||Botanical name|
|Tamra bhasma||An alloy of Copper and Zinc|
|Makshika Bhasma||Iron Pyrite|
|Kshira Kakoli||Roscoea purpurea|
|Shweta Sariba||Hemidesmus indicus,|
|Krishna sariba||Ichnocarpus frutescens|
|Juice extract of|
|Water decoction of|
The overdose causes hypoglycemia. The toxicity studies conducted confirms the safety of the combination in the prescribed doses.
Acute and Subacute Toxicity Study of Manasamitra Vataka without Musk in Experimental Animal Models by Sanjaya Kumar. Y.R, Vasanthakumar K.G, Thamizh Selvam. N and Acharya. M. V published in the International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Research January2016Vol.:5, Issue:2 http://ijppr.humanjournals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/10.Sanjaya-Kumar.-Y.R-Vasanthakumar-K.G-Thamizh-Selvam.-N-and-Acharya.-M.-V.pdf
- Arya Vaidyasala, Kottakkal
- Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala, Trissur
- Kerala Ayurveda
- Imis Pharma
- SNA Oushadhasala
- Nagarjuna Herbal Concentrates
FAQs on Manasamitra Vatakam
- What is Manasamitra vatakam?
This is an herbal tablet mainly used by the physicians of Kerala, the southern tip of India for treating mental ailments.
- Manasamitra vatakam and Manasamitra tablet- both are same?
Yes. Vatakam in Sanskrit means a tablet.
- What’s the dosage?
The common dosage is two tablets once or twice daily with warm milk. You have to take the advice of your physician to fix the dosage or can avail of our free online consultation service here.
- What’s the duration of the treatment?
It varies from person to person. Normally 90 to 180 days is the course time.
- What are the side effects of this medicine?
There is no side effect if taken under medical supervision. The side effects are seen in patients who consume overdose or no following the restrictions of the physician.
- What is the expiry of the tablet?
Three years is the expiry and all brands and companies print the expiry very clearly.
- How can we take Manasamitra vatakam?
It should be taken along with warm milk. In certain diseases, some other ayurvedic ghee preparations are also given as an adjuvant. This is prescribed by the attending physician.
- Where can we buy Manasamitra vatakam?
You can buy online here.
The tablet is shipped worldwide and you will get the product in 12- 19 working days.
Research papers on Manasamitra Vatakam
- Clinical efficacy of Manasamitra Vataka (an Ayurveda medication) on generalized anxiety disorder with comorbid generalized social phobia: a randomized controlled study by Tubaki BR1, Chandrashekar CR, Sudhakar D, Prabha TN, Lavekar GS, Kutty BM. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22784349
- Neuroprotective effect of Manasamitra vatakam against aluminium-induced cognitive impairment and oxidative damage in the cortex and hippocampus of rat brain study by Thirunavukkarasu SV1, Venkataraman S, Raja S, Upadhyay L. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21787249
- Clinical Efficacy of Manasamitra Vataka (an Ayurveda Medication) on Generalized Anxiety Disorder with Comorbid Generalized Social Phobia: A Randomized Controlled Study by Tubaki BR, Chandrashekar CR, Sudhakar D, Prabha TN, Lavekar GS, Kutty BM published in Journal of alternative and complementary medicine (New York, N.Y.) 18(6):612-21 · June 2012. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22784349
- Manasamitra Vataka and Shirodhara treatments preserve slow wave sleep and promote sleep continuity in patients with generalized anxiety disorder and co-morbid generalized social phobia by Basavaraj R. Tubaki, Anupriya Verma, Arun Sasidharan, S. Sulekha, T. N. Sathyaprabha,D. Sudhakar,C. R. Chandrashekar, G. S. Lavekar and Bindu M. Kutty published in CURRENT SCIENCE, VOL.111, NO. 2, 25 JULY https://www.currentscience.ac.in/Volumes/111/02/0283.pdf
- MANAGEMENT OF MENOPAUSAL SYNDROME THROUGH AYURVEDA by Dr. Maha Rani Chennu, Dr. Aakancha, Dr. Padmasaritha and Dr. Ramesh M. published in European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. http://www.ejbps.com/ejbps/abstract_id/2010
- Application of Chemometrics for the simultaneous estimation of stigmasterol and β-sitosterol in Manasamitra Vatakam-an ayurvedic herbomineral formulation using HPLC-PDA method by Srikalyani Vemuri, Mohan Kumar Ramasamy, Pandiyan Rajakanu, Rajappan Chandra Satish Kumar, Ilango Kalliappan published in Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science Vol. 8(07), pp 001-009, July, https://www.japsonline.com/admin/php/uploads/2667_pdf.pdf
- Application of Chemometrics for the Simultaneous Estimation of Phytosterols in Manasamitra Vatakam Using HPLC-PDA Method by Srikalyani V, R Mohan Kumar, R Pandiyan, R C Satish Kumar and K Ilango published in Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2018, 10(6):76-86. http://www.jocpr.com/articles/application-of-chemometrics-for-the-simultaneous-estimation-of-phytosterols-in-manasamitra-vatakam-using-hplcpda-method.pdf
- Acute and Subacute Toxicity Study of Manasamitra Vataka without Musk in Experimental Animal Models by Sanjaya Kumar. Y.R, Vasanthakumar K.G, Thamizh Selvam. N and Acharya. V published in the International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Research January2016Vol.:5, Issue:2 http://ijppr.humanjournals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/10.Sanjaya-Kumar.-Y.R-Vasanthakumar-K.G-Thamizh-Selvam.-N-and-Acharya.-M.-V.pdf
- Effect of Manasamitra vatakam , an Ayurvedic Formulation, on Aluminium-Induced Neurotoxicity in Rats by Thirunavukkarasu, SV; Upadhyay, Lokesh; Venkataraman, S published in Pharmacotherapy Group, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria https://tspace.library.utoronto.ca/handle/1807/60627
- ACUTE AND SUB ACUTE TOXICITY STUDY OF MANASAMITRA VATIKA IN EXPERIMENTAL ANIMAL MODELS by Sanjaya Kumar Y.R, Madhavikutty P, Thamizh Selvam N, Anand M, Venugopalan T N and Nair PKS published in INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHYTOTHERAPY RESEARCH ISSN 2278 – 5701. http://www.earthjournals.in/ijpr_144.pdf